Atalanti is one of our dearest friends and founder of ARCH, an independent, non-profit arts organization based in Athens. Her impeccable & distinguished taste for Art & Design knows no bounds and those are only a few of the things we love about her.
ARCH provides opportunities for professionals in the contemporary visuals arts to develop their practice, explore connections and build collaborations with colleagues, communities and institutions in Athens through its exhibition and residency programs. ARCH supports and facilitates the professional development of cultural practitioners at all levels of their careers.
The space is located near the Arch of Hadrian in Plaka and includes an exhibition space, a studio and workshop area, resident living quarters and a public library.
Here's what Atalanti's been up to:
1. New hobby or past time?
Cooking a lot and making lot's of ceramics!
2. What do you miss most?
3. Favorite comfort food?
Pasta & Chocolate.
4. Currently reading?
Actually listening to the Getty Museum podcasts.
Kathimerini, NYTimes, BBC
6. Virtual Gym?
Yoga on the Yoga Glo app.
7. One Good thing that has come of this pandemic? Finally not feeling bad about not constantly having to be active but somehow still very busy without even thinking about it!
8. Finish the sentence: "I feel positive that when this situation is over..." Creativity will be in full bloom!
9. Biggest fear about life after corona? Trying to stay positive and hoping the world will be better prepared for future unfortunate events of this nature!
10. Virtual Hang out App?
Houseparty & Zoom
11. First thing you will do when you get out?
See my brother and sister.
12. How do you think Corona will affect the Art industry in the long run? Unfortunately we are already reading about many museums furloughing staff and postponing programming due to the virus. As well as warnings about art galleries struggling and maybe closing their doors for good. There is definitely a positivity to slowing down and the introspection does wonders to creativity, particularly for artists i feel, but clearly this complete shutdown is not sustainable for long as with all industries. I am hoping it will be a chance for the art world to recalibrate its pace once we all go back to normal- whatever that normalcy might be.
13. Currently watching (movie/series)
14. Finish the sentence. "I finally found the time to get around to..."
Cook a few recipes i had never cooked.
15. Where are you spending the quarantine and with whom? At home with my family.