Our beautiful, creative friend and fellow jewelry designer Marianna Lemos answers our questions about how she is spending her time during quarantine.
Here's what she's been up to:
1. New hobby or past time?
I feel it’s the same as every woman right now or at least judging by instagram stories, it’s cooking !
2. What do you miss most?
Seeing my family & friends.
3. Favorite comfort food?
Various cheeses & crackers.
4. Currently reading?
"Mating in Captivity" by Esther Perel
5. Where do you get your news from?
BBC, Sky News, CNN
6. Virtual Gym?
I try and workout outdoors and usually do a long hike with my husband and dog.
7. One Good thing that has come of this pandemic?
Seeing my Husband and Daughter spend significantly more time together and bond to a degree I don’t think would happen without Covid. Also taking a breather and really thinking about what is fundamentally important and keeping things in perspective.
8. Finish the sentence: "I feel positive that when this situation is over people will appreciate..." There is proof that humanity is willing to make sacrifices for the greater good.
9. Biggest fear about life after corona? As with most people, my biggest fear is looking into the future and feeling a sense of tremendous uncertainty, however this too shall pass and better times will surely come.10. Virtual Hang out App?
11. First thing you will do when you get out?
Take my daughter to the Zoo.
12. How do you think Corona will affect the jewellery industry in the long run? The jewellery industry, like all retail, will definitely have to adjust, however it’s far from over as fashion and jewellery companies have survived significant challenges and have come out stronger. Jewellery is fundamentally an element of human culture, it has been around since the dawn of civilisation and it will continue to have cultural significance for the foreseeable future.
13. Currently watching (movie/series)
Tiger King (it's honestly shocking / amazing)
14. Finish the sentence. "I finally found the time to get around to..."
Doing my Greek lessons properly - 2020 goal is to speak Greek fluently.
15. Where are you spending the quarantine and with whom? At home with my husband and daughter and I feel blessed to be able to spend this time all together in our little eco system of love