Sasha’s CV is as long and as impressive as could be. But thats not what makes this fantastic lady so special. She has a huge heart and is inspiring on so many levels. Our friendship with her started when she was head buyer of Net-a-Porter but that was only the beginning. We are always so excited to see what this woman will do next and are certain of her success in anything she takes on.
Prior to launching SASHANATALIA Consultancy, Sasha Sarokin spent nearly two decades working with some of the most recognised brands and retailers in the fashion industry.
Most recently, as Fashion and Buying Director of The Modist, Sasha co-created the groundbreaking ecommerce platform themodist.com - the first fashion destination with an international yet modest edit. She selected and launched over 200 leading luxury brands, overseeing all brand partnerships and product edits.
Here's what she's been up to:
1. New hobby or past time?
I’m looking after our daughter full-time, which is such a privilege to do. As she’s one and a half she changes every week!
2. What do you miss most?
going to dinner with friends, chatting to baristas on our morning coffee runs3. Favorite comfort food?
Sunday Night Pasta.
4. Currently reading?
Just finished a book on Frida Kahlo, and I’m finally reading Sapiens (better late than never!)5. Where do you get your news from?
BBC, New York Times, FT
6. Virtual Gym?
Each morning I do a live online interval training session with F45. My daughter tries to do it with me, which is my favorite part of the day.
7. One Good thing that has come of this pandemic?
I think people exhibit much more common kindness and compassion. We’ve all been floored by the changes in our lives, so it seems to have created a quiet camaraderie.
8. Finish the sentence: "I feel positive that when this situation is over people will appreciate..." loved ones, first and foremost and simple pedestrian freedoms
9. Biggest fear about life after corona? I think the pause in our speed of life - and consumption of resources- has given us the opportunity to consider and seek a more sustainable middle ground of consumption of resources. In short, I fear that we’ll go back to exactly the same way of living, without endeavouring to reduce somewhat…after we’ve managed to reduce so much during this time
FaceTime (i'm old school)
11. First thing you will do when you get out?
Invite all of our friends over for wine.
12. How do you think Corona will affect the jewelry industry in the long run? I think people began preferring "Quality over Quantity” in their discretionary purchases before Covid- and this trend will become more pronounced thereafter. Jewelry is luckily in the ‘Quality’ camp!
We finished the latest season of Narcos, we tore through both seasons of Succession...14. Finish the sentence. "I finally found the time to get around to..."
not much! Chasing after my daughter is full-on, so the aged to-do tasks are still hanging around...15. Where are you spending the quarantine and with whom? My husband, daughter and I are outside of Geneva at his family house. Our local social network now consists of sheep, goats, horses and cows.