Its an honor to present our close friend Marina Karella on our #StayHomeJournal. Marina is a world renowned Artist and we share a love of many things including art, nature and the island of Patmos. We also share a passion for the ELIZA Society for the prevention of cruelty to children, which Marina and her husband, Prince Michael of Greece, founded in 2008. Find out how this exceptional woman has been passing her time during the lockdown.
Here's what she's been up to:
1. NEW HOBBY OR PAST TIME?
Painting in my office at home, instead of in my studio
2. WHAT YOU MISS THE MOST?
Νot seeing my children and grandchildren
3. FAVORITE COMFORT FOOD?
Barley rusks from Hatzi
A glass of white wine at 9 pm
4. CURRENTLY READING?
Another country by James Baldwin
5. WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR NEWS FROM?
The Art Newspaper
6. VIRTUAL GYM APP?
Discovering hidden parts of Athens with my husband
7. ONE GOOD THING THAT HAS COME OF THIS PANDEMIC?
We shall be in a «Brave New World»
8. FINISH THIS SENTENCE “I FEEL POSITIVE THAT WHEN THIS SITUATION IS OVER………."
a dawn will come with more Humanity and more Love for each other and the Planet
9. BIGGEST FEAR ABOUT LIFE AFTER CORONA
That your number 8 question will not have the answer I gave
10. VIRTUAL HANG OUT APP
WhatsApp & Instagram
11. FIRST THING I WILL DO WHEN I “GET OUT”
Go to the sea with my grandchildren
12. HOW DO YOU THINK CORONA WILL AFFECT YOUR INDUSTRY IN THE LONG RUN?
I believe in a very positive way. Making jewelry for everyone, specially for men, with even more a sense of Art
13. CURRENTLY WATCHING (MOVIE OR SERIES)
14. FINISH THIS SENTENCE “I FINALLY FOUND TIME TO GET AROUND……" to finding out that I still do not have the time
15. WHERE ARE YOU SPENDING THE QUARANTINE & WITH WHOM?
At home with my writing husband